Web Design and Web Developement
We create modern, high-performance websites and web shops for every purpose in a responsive, mobile-friendly design, from the simple and inexpensive utility site to the sophisticated corporate presence.
- Website creation and maintenance.
- Webshop creation and maintenance.
- Search engine optimization (SEO/SEA).
- Plugin and extension programming.
- Development of custom web applications.
- Connection to interfaces.
- OpenStreetMap Maps and Data.
- Installation and integration of web-based software such as Etherpad or Mattermost.
- Installation and maintenance of Linux web servers.
- Help with security and other website or server issues.
- Provision of hosting tailored to your specific requirements.
We don't talk about SEO, we do it
The development of websites and web applications is our main area. The spectrum ranges from simple internet pages in pure HTML to CMS systems such as Wordpress or Typo3 to complex program systems in which local computer software interacts with server software and websites.
We develop professional websites in HTML, with Wordpress, Typo3 or webpy. We create web shops with Shopware, Gambio or Prestashop.
We also develop special applications. Our portfolio includes individually adapted interfaces to eBay, Amazon and Rakuten market places and other web services that offer an API (programming interface).
Our services include the maintenance of servers (Debian or Ubuntu), databases (MySQL / MariaDB) and Apache web servers. Ask for a maintenance contract.
Finally, let's talk about SEO after all
The Basics of SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) analysis is the process of analyzing a website's content, structure and technical aspects to determine how it can be optimized for search engines. Here are the steps to do a SEO analysis on your website:
1. Analyze the content of your website: Look at all pages on the site and identify which ones are most important to your target audience. Make sure that the content is relevant, informative and engaging.
2. Check the structure of your website: Look at how pages are organized and structured. Make sure that the hierarchy of your website is logical and easy to navigate.
3. Check the technical aspects of your website, that can affect its SEO. For example, using a website that is slow to load or has poor mobile responsiveness can make it difficult for users to access the site and can impact its SEO. Similarly, using a website that is not secure or has vulnerabilities can make it easier for hackers to access sensitive information and can also impact its SEO.
Now that's mostly already happening during the process of developing your website, let's also talk about the SEO process, keywords and content, the Google Search Console, and Google Ads.
There are many ways and control tools to further improve your site's search engine ranking, traffic and conversion rate. SEO is an ongoing process that doesn't come for free.
We will be happy to advise and support you.
Map Software with OpenStreetMap
We develop interactive map software for your website with the map material of the open source project OpenStreetMap (OSM). Whether route planner for cycling or hiking tours, travel routes, interactive maps or just a map with your branches. with extras such as height profiles or importing your GPX files.
Basics: What kind of website do I need?
This has advantages. A page like this is practically maintenance-free, makes no demands on the web server and is still fast. It also makes no demands on the visitor's browser and does not offer a malicious "hacker" a target.
But that also has disadvantages. You can't even quickly add a page or a post to your website. And nobody can interact with a static website. Nobody can register, nobody can place an order.
The content management system
This is where the CMS comes into play, the "Content Management System", ie software that "manages" your content, with which you can easily create new articles or pages. Such a CMS is no longer written in HTML, but mostly in the programming language PHP or in Python. It usually also needs a database, mostly MySQL. The CMS usually composes the HTML page that your browser displays dynamically while you visit the page.
The best known and most widely used CMS is currently Wordpress. Approx. 60% of all websites are operated with Wordpress. This has the advantage that there are many extensions for Wordpress - so-called plugins - that upgrade the CMS with additional functions. Many of them are even available for free. You can turn Wordpress into a shop and sell articles, or you can turn Wordpress into a forum in which you can discuss with your forum members.
There are alternatives to Wordpress, and for good reason. Depending on the purpose and number of posts or the expected users, another CMS may be more suitable for professional use. You can run a small shop with Woocommerce and Wordpress. For a large shop, you might prefer Shopware, Gambio or Prestashop. That has to be clarified on a case-by-case basis. Let us advise you.
A Solution with Security
With jazzy-software's siteEdit we can also offer you another alternative with many advantages.
Your site is as dynamic as required, but the backend - the administration of your site - is on your computer at work or at home. Instead of a password, your web space is accessed automatically with a secure GPG key. Read more about siteEdit...